It’s Turkey time in FarmVille! We’ve introduced a whole new limited edition building to house your Turkeys: the Turkey Roost! Now you can store (after expansion) up to 40 turkeys in one building, share new Baby Turkeys with your neighbors, and collect Fruit Cake for use in the near future.
Building your Roost
You’ll get the frame for the Turkey Roost for free the first time you play FarmVille after the update, and you will immediately be entered into Placement Mode. You can place the Turkey Roost frame on your farm now, or you can choose to place it in your Gift Box for use later. You’ll need to be level 5 in order to place and use the Turkey Roost.
The Turkey Roost is a constructable building, so you’ll need a grand total of 30 parts (10 bricks, 10 nails and 10 wooden boards) to finish it:
Like other constructable buildings, you can acquire these parts by:
* Asking your neighbors for these parts by posting a help request to your feed (click on the “Ask For More” button for each type of part).
* Give parts to your neighbors via the Free Gifts page or the “Send Gifts” button.
* Acquire individual parts by spending Farm Cash (click on the “Buy” button for that particular part). Each part is 1 Farm Cash.
* Acquire all needed parts for the building by spending Farm Cash (click on the “Complete Now” button to purchase parts for the rest of the building). The Cost is X Farm Cash, where X is the amount of parts left needed to finish the building.
* Parts awarded through Special Delivery Boxes.
* Using individual parts available in your Gift Box.
The look of the Turkey Roost changes as you build it:
You can only have one Turkey roost on your farm at any one time. If you happen to sell your Turkey Roost, you can buy a new frame in the Market under the Buildings tab before the end of the promotion (at the end of the month). The cost is 5,000 coins.
Using Your Roost
Turkey Roosts basically need turkeys in order to work—they don’t do much sitting empty by themselves. Click on your completed Roost—you’ll see an option to “Ask For Turkeys”, which will make a post to your feed asking your neighbors for turkeys, and to “Look Inside”. Looking inside right now will show you this:
As you put various turkeys into your Roost, they’ll show up inside. You can acquire turkeys by:
* Posting in your feed asking for turkeys (see above).
* Buying turkeys in the market (like the Wild Turkey).
* Grabbing a Baby Turkey from a neighbor’s Turkey Roost feed (see below).
* Through in-game events (like the Lonely Turkey, or as a flash gift, or maybe even the Animal Feed Trough).
You can put turkeys in the Turkey Roost simply by placing them directly in your Roost if you buy them or are placing through the Gift Box or Storage Cellar. If the turkeys are already on your farm you can just use Move and click on the Turkey Roost to move them in.
The Turkey Roost is harvestable once every 24 hours. When it’s at 100% ready (move the mouse cursor over the Roost to check on it), click on the Turkey Roost to harvest. You will get:
* The total amount of coins you can get for harvesting all of the turkeys in the Roost at once.
* The possibility of getting some Fruit Cake.
* The possibility of being able to give your FarmVille neighbors a Baby Turkey.
The Fruit Cake is a special item that you will need in the near future (so be on the lookout). Note that you do not get a Baby Turkey yourself, but just the possibility of giving one to your neighbors by posting a notice to your feed. The higher the number of turkeys in your Roost, the better the chance of getting the Fruit Cake/Baby Turkey rewards.
Also note that Baby Turkeys do not grow up while in the Turkey Roost.
Expanding Your Roost
A standard Turkey Roost can hold up to twenty (20) turkeys and may look like this when you click “Look Inside”:
However you may expand your Roost if you wish by clicking on “Expand Roost”. You can expand your Roost twice, and each expansion will allow you to hold ten (10) more turkeys. The first expansion will cost a total of forty-five (45) building parts, while the second expansion will cost sixty (60) building parts. You can acquire, purchase, and ask for more building parts in the exact same way when you were building the Turkey Roost.
End of Event Notes
After the end of this limited edition event (December 1, 2010) you will not be able to purchase a new Turkey Roost frame in the Market, nor will you be able to acquire Fruit Cakes from harvesting your Turkey Roost. You’ll still be able to complete a Turkey Roost still in construction, expand it, receive Baby Turkeys from neighbors, and ask for turkeys in your feed.